lunes, 31 de diciembre de 2012

Horses, more than a hobby.

So yes, that is. Since a child. With the time I worked with them, as a guide or as a stableman. And now mainly using a computer between us. My actual goal is to provide a perfect fited tree to manufacture hand-made saddles at JVentura.

To do that a long way was done. Lot of processes are involved, many of them with dedicated hardware. Even today I'm in new improvements, always trying to do the best.

Do a custom fitted saddle means that we need to mesure all, says your back-shape horse and your desired position. Then a mold is calculated and cnc machined to obtain one particular saddle tree. We use carbon-fiber laminated shapes as a tree, so later leathers, inserts and foams are added.

And this is my job: from taking measures to machine the mold.

First of all I check for contractures, as is not a good idea to design a saddle for a contractured back-horse. When it becomes relaxed (many professionals do it) we can proceed. So then I digitally scan it's back shape, in this way I can calculate a perfect fitted surface tree. Finally a mold is prepared and machined.

Our partner laminates the carbon fiber over the mold: this very important stage is done by high skilled professionals. The result is saw-cutted, obtaining the tree or carbon-laminate frame, where the saddle is arround hand-made constructed.

You can see it in JVentura site.

This blog tries to be a collection of experiences and results from my job.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario